David Daniel is a seasoned professional in the field of public affairs, government relations and political consulting with a proven track record of getting results for his clients. David has built on his extensive experience having worked both inside and outside the halls of government in Washington D.C., and Tallahassee, Fla., and provides Smith, Bryan & Myers’ (SBM) clients with keen insight on how to achieve their legislative goals. Stemming from his in-depth knowledge of government at the legislative, political and grassroots levels, David has consistently helped businesses secure wins with the Florida Legislature.
David is sought after as a keynote speaker at industry conferences and also serves as a media spokesperson on highly complex and controversial issues. His unique ability to craft successful messaging to position priority issues ensures solutions and new opportunities for client growth and success.
Under David’s leadership, SBM’s clients have achieved numerous victories, including:
- Preempting local government authority to regulate unmanned aircraft
- Eliminating requirement for a doctor’s prescription for students to have sunscreen at school
- Providing sovereign immunity protections to Shands/UF Health
- Reducing unemployment compensation costs for professional employer organizations
- Preventing the deregulation of the survey and mapping profession
- Increasing access and adherence to critical medications for patients with severe mental illness
- Securing funding for an innovative technology-based program to achieve better outcomes for children in foster care
- Prior to joining SBM in 2010, David served as the vice president of governmental affairs for the Florida Chamber of Commerce. In that role, he helped build and manage the organization’s highly- effective legislative lobbying and public affairs strategy team, which secured victories against some of the state’s most powerful and entrenched special interest groups.
Originally from Brevard County, David graduated from Florida State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a minor in Communications. David and his wife, Kim, live in Tallahassee with their seven children.