Matt Bryan joined Smith, Bryan & Myers in 1984, and has served as President for many years. He heads the firm’s legislative program and has successfully coordinated legislative advocacy and communications efforts on behalf of SBM’s clients, including:
- Legislative passage of a significant tax exemption for professional sports franchise facilities
- Legislative passage of an inter-track wagering system for Florida pari-mutuel facilities
- Legislative approval of set-aside funding for thoroughbred breeders from slot machine revenue
- Legislative passage of a statewide program of credit card acceptance in all of Florida’s state and local governmental agencies
- Cabinet approval of submerged land leases and Cabinet agency contracts
- Assisting multiple clients in obtaining large contracts with the state, including the online games contract for the Florida Lottery, the statewide consolidated email contract and the printing of driver licenses for the state, as well as the financing, design, construction and operation of several private prisons
Matt lives in Tallahassee with his wife Sheri. They have two grown children and spend their free time traveling.