Listed in Florida Trend's Top Lobbying Firms (March 2013)
“Smith Bryan & Myers’ business sense and can-do attitude set them apart from other government relations firms. These are creative problem solvers who find a path forward and follow it tenaciously until they reach their goal.”
William G. Sawyer, President and CEO
“When Shands decided to seek major tort reform legislation, we hired David Daniel at the firm of Smith, Bryan and Myers to get it through the Legislature. We succeeded the first time, thanks to the strategy plan and work ethic of David Daniel and his Firm.”
Tim Goldfarb, CEO
"Our relationship with Smith, Bryan & Myers has been key to our success in Florida. With their guidance we have won new contracts and developed strong relationships with officials throughout FL State Government."
Jamie Gagnon, Government Affairs & Business Development Manager
L-1 Identity Solutions
"When a company or leading association needs results in Florida, they can't go wrong with David Daniel as he is experienced, respected and he simply gets the job done for his clients - period."
Mark Wilson, President and CEO
Florida Chamber of Commerce
"Smith, Bryan and Myers bring energy, creativity, and just plain effort to every assignment; they set the standard for professionalism in the lobbying industry."
Tony Marshall, Executive Vice President
Florida Health Care Association
"Smith Bryan and Myers created a law to encourage the State of Florida to do business with companies like ours. Today we have three contracts with the State and we are negotiating another. The firm is respected by legislators and staff alike -- and it is easy to see that they enjoy representing us."
Jennifer McMullen, Vice President for Customer Relations
Corrections Corporation of America
"Smith Bryan and Myers agreed to represent us when we weren't much of a force in the legislature -- they rolled up their sleeves and got to work immediately. Today, we have a statewide presence and have good relationships with the leadership in both parties. Everyone knows they work hard, but they also bring a depth and creativity to the process that is not often seen from advocates."
Richard Hancock, Executive Vice President
Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association
Julie S. Myers
Julie Myers joined Smith, Bryan & Myers in 1983. She was named Vice-President of Administration and General Counsel for the firm in December of 1991. Prior to joining the firm, she was an associate with Fowler, White, Gillen, Boggs, Villareal & Banker where she practiced real estate, tax and corporate law. She is a member of the American Bar and the Florida Bar.
Since joining Smith, Bryan and Myers, she has successfully coordinated the legal and managerial requirements for many of the firm's clients. This includes:
- Serving as project manager on client representations that required extensive state agency and departmental contact.
- Representing the firm's clients in matters of legal analysis, technical treatise drafting, legislative bill drafting and legislative legal processes.
- Developing the expertise of the Florida Administrative Code which governs the implementation of Florida Statutes as well as purchasing, procurement, grants and contract requirements for state agencies.
- Serving as the firm's chief account executive for Fortune 500 clients where she effectively identifies and coordinates all corporate resources that may be available to achieve the client's legislative or procurement goals.
- Preparing firm and client written and testimonial presentations required before state executives, legislative committees and members, the Florida Cabinet and state agencies.
- Representing the firm's clients as a well-regarded advocate before the Florida Press Corp and state editorial boards on client issues.
Julie S. Myers graduated Summa Cum Laude form the University of South Florida with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Finance in 1976. She earned a Juris Doctorate degree from Florida Stetson College of Law in 1979.