David Daniel is a seasoned professional in the field of government relations, political consulting and public affairs with a proven track record of getting results for his clients. David has built on his extensive experience having worked both inside and outside the halls of government in Washington D.C., and Tallahassee, Fla., and provides Smith, Bryan & Myers’ (SBM) clients with keen insight on how to achieve their legislative goals. Stemming from his in-depth knowledge of government at the legislative, political and grassroots levels, David has consistently helped businesses secure wins with the Florida Legislature.
David’s unique ability to craft successful messaging to position client priority issues, combined with his experience and strategic thinking, has allowed him to identify solutions and create new opportunities for growth and success.
Under David’s leadership, SBM’s clients have achieved numerous victories, including:
- Securing funding for an innovative community school program to better serve families
- Reducing workers’ compensation costs with attorney fee reform
- Defeating attempts to increase cost of providing child care in Florida
- Providing sovereign immunity protections to Shands/UF Health
- Creating an option for professional employer organizations to reduce their unemployment compensation costs
- Preventing the deregulation of the surveying profession
Prior to joining SBM in 2010, David served as the vice president of governmental affairs for the Florida Chamber of Commerce for six years. In that role, he helped build and manage the organization’s highly- effective legislative lobbying and public affairs strategy team, which secured victories against some of the state’s most powerful and entrenched special interest groups.
Originally from Brevard County, David graduated from Florida State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a minor in Communications. David and his wife, Kim, live in Tallahassee, with their seven children.